Electronic Invoicing and Digitalization
Electronic Invoicing is the electronic generation, transmission and storage of invoices issued in the XML (eXtensible Markup Language) format.
Starting from 1st January 2022, in addition to the existing obligations for domestic operations, also data of cross-border operations will have to be transmitted to the Tax Authority’s Interchange System (so-called SDI – “Sistema di Interscambio”) in XML format.
Digitalization implies a further simplification of tax fulfilments and an opportunity for businesses to further increase the efficiency of internal processes, with subsequent operating and management benefits that go beyond the mere compliance with regulatory obligations.
Grant Thornton can help you navigate through the different phases necessary to implement Electronic Invoicing, identifying the best solutions for each specific case and depending on the limits that necessarily arise on the basis of the ERP systems currently in use.
Our specialists can assist you with:
- the review of business processes to design a model embedding modern, efficient, automated and integrated systems - thus fully benefitting from the advantages of digitalization;
- the review of the generation process of electronic invoices and XML documents relevant to cross-border operations;
- the partial or full outsourcing of electronic invoicing processes, according to your needs;
- the implementation of a clear, efficient, multi-language and always updated platform;
- the access to a new “Business Manager” service, allowing you to monitor the performance of your business in terms of turnover targets, to verify the penetration of the business into a precise geographic area and access further information (e.g. statistics, treasury management, credit monitoring, creation of pre-compiled draft registers, etc.), through specific functions that will allow you to have a constantly updated view of your business.
Electronic Invoicing services
Our electronic invoicing services can be reached by accessing the dedicated area.