After starting her career at a boutique consulting firm in Palermo and a brief academic experience, in 1998 Simonetta joined a Big Four firm, where she specialised in VAT and Indirect Taxes. There, she followed a brilliant career path that led her from intern to partner in 2011.
She is specialised in Italian and European VAT, with extensive experience in:
- domestic and international VAT advice
- international distribution structures restructuring and supply chain optimisation projects
- Pan-European compliance projects
- analysis and optimisation of VAT/Customs flows in supply chain projects
- consolidated experience in dealing with the Tax Authorities and Revenue Police on assessment procedures, controversy and litigations
Since 2007, Simonetta is the correspondent for Italy of the IBFD International VAT Monitor. She is a researcher in the Eutekne Study Group, a regular contributor to tax publications and also a co-author of the book "Manuale di Fiscalità Internazionale" (International Tax Manual). She recurrently participates as speaker in seminars and conferences, both in Italy and abroad, on VAT and indirect taxes.
Her clients include companies operating in the Automotive, Chemical & pharmaceutical, Energy, Finance & insurance, Telecommunication, Fashion, Retail, E-commerce and RE industries.
Simonetta graduated in Business Economics at Università degli Studi di Palermo in 1995 and attended the XIII Infor post-graduate Tax Course in Milan.
Qualifications & memberships
- Certified Chartered Accountant and Registered Auditor in Palermo
- member of European Indirect Tax Committee
- Certified Chartered Accountant