The winners: Loccioni Group, Diasen and New Twins
This is the final decision of the Jury of the Good Energy Award 2012 – promoted by Bernoni Grant Thornton and aimed at rewarding producers and constructors of plants for the renewable energy industry and those organizations that are able to apply energy efficiency policies, so to identify Italian excellences in this field. The Energy Efficiency category was introduced for the first time this year, to reward those companies that chose to implement actions aimed at reducing energy consumption.
The prize-giving ceremony, which had the support of the Italian Ministry of the Environment, was held on 11 June in Milan, at the Auditorium of Robert Bosch Spa.
Winners and finalists
Among the applications received, the Jury panel selected nine finalists, three for each category: Producer (Loccioni Group, Danfoss and Dolomiti Energia Rinnovabili), Constructor (Diasen, Fassa Bortolo and Rehau), and Energy Efficiency (New Twins, Florim Ceramiche e Sea Aeroporti di Milano).
The winners of the 3rd edition are:
- Loccioni Group (Ancona) for the Producer category
- Diasen (Ancona) for the Constructor category
- New Twins (Trento) for the Energy Efficiency category
A special mention was given to three Municipalities, which demonstrated that also local administrations can combine a good economic management with an attention to sustainability. Those municipalities are: the Municipality of Isera (TN), the Municipality of San Romano in Garfagnana (LU), and the union of the Municipalities of Valdarno and Valdisieve (FI).
The award, that received the moral support of the Italian Ministry of the Environment,was sponsored by:
and had the scientific support of:
- GSE – Gestore dei Servizi Energetici (Italian state-owned company which promotes and supports renewable energy sources)
- TIS Innovation Park in Bolzano
- Bicocca University in Milan
- University of Trento
- Parco Tecnologico Padano
- Federazione AEIT (Italian Association of Electrical, Electronics, Automation, Information and Communication Technology)
- ANDAF (the Italian association of CFOs)
- FIPER (Italian federation for the production of energy from renewable sources)
- Trentino Sviluppo
- ODCEC di Milano (Board of Chartered Accountants of Milan)
- AIFI (Italian association of private equity, venture capital and private debt)
- Atlante Green
- CSR Manager Network Italia
The Jury panel of the Good Energy Award 2012 was chaired by:
- Maurizio Fauri - Professor of Sistemi Elettrici per l'Energia at Università di Trento and President of Polo per l’Energia, i.e. the Technological Center for Energy of Trento
and composed by:
- Renzo Capra - FIPER scientific committee
- Alessandro Beda - Vice President at Sodalitas
- Giampio Bracchi - Chairman of Fomdazione Politecnico di Milano
- Paolo Bertoli - Chairman of the Advisory Council of ANDAF
- Giuseppe Garofano - Vice-president of Alerion Clean Power
- Giuseppe Fano - Corporate Director External Relations Mossi&Ghisolfi
- Mario Molteni - ALTIS – Università Cattolica in Milan
Stefano Salvadeo and Gerhard Dambach declared:
“This was a particularly successful edition of the Good Energy Award and showed that the difficult moment for the economy has not destroyed ideas and brilliance of entrepreneurs, but rather strengthened them. The 2012 edition of the award was characterized by the prestige of applicant companies. Winners are dynamic and innovative companies, which made sustainability one of the basic elements of their business.” Stefano Salvadeo, partner at Bernoni Grant Thornton.
“Protecting the environment, safeguarding natural resources and promoting sustainable mobility have always been paramount to our business development. This is why at Bosch, consistently with our commitment to renewable energy, we have decided to support Good Energy Award 2012” Gerhard Dambach, CEO Robert Bosch Spa.