Grant Thornton reports record global revenues of US $4,8 billion
- Workforce grows 11% to 47,000 people in 130 countries
- Regional growth highlights include APAC up 27%, Middle East up 9%, and Americas up 9%
- Likewise, In Italy, the overview for Bernoni Grant Thornton (Tax and Advisory) is positive with revenues accounting for € 15,5 million (8,4% annual growth) and workforce growing by 6%
Grant Thornton today announced total combined record global revenues of US$4.8bn for the financial year ended 30 September 2016.
Revenues at Grant Thornton member firms grew 7.8% measured on a local currencies basis, and at 3.3% when measured in US dollars. Assurance services accounted for approximately 42% of total revenues (US$2.025 bn); advisory services 35% (US$1.652 bn); tax services 21% (US$1.018 bn); and other services 2% (US$94 m).
Below is a breakdown of revenues increase by service line compared to the previous year:
- assurance services - US$2,025 million (up 3.6%)
- tax services - US$1,018 million (up 4.4%)
- advisory services - US$1,652 million (up 1.4%)
- other services - US$94 million (up 25.2%).
From a regional point of view, revenues are apportioned as follows:
- Americas - US$ 2,261 million
- Europe - US$ 1,667 million
- Asia-Pacific - US$ 692 million
- Africa - US$ 98 million
- Middle East - US$ 40 million
- CIS - US$ 31 million
This is also the result of M&A expansions in Canada, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Romania, South Korea, Sweden and US and of new member firms in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Costa Rica, Croatia, Rwanda and Slovenia.
Among the awards and recognitions received by Grant Thornton during the year, it is worth mentioning that Grant Thornton was named one of the 50 World's Most Attractive Global Employers by Universum (#34) and was recognized as a top employer worldwide in numerous countries including Canada, Mexico, Sweden, the US and UK.
“All credit goes to our 47,000 people in 130 countries for all that we have accomplished in the past year,” said Ed Nusbaum, global CEO of Grant Thornton International Ltd. “We have created a solid platform for growth, placing both our people and our clients at the heart of our global strategy, allowing us to build on our quality and focus on our foundations to create sustainable growth for the future.
“Our mission remains the same: to be the leading adviser to dynamic organisations and to unlock the potential for growth in our people, our clients and in our communities.”
Grant Thornton understands the impact our people have by volunteering their time, investing in educational, charitable, environmental and healthcare initiatives and is strongly committed to Corporate social responsibility.
- Grant Thornton's Global CSR Steering committee is focused on ensuring each Grant Thornton firm has CSR at the heart of its business.
- Grant Thornton's global CSR event 'Growing Together in the community' was held on 22-23 September 2016. Our people in more than 90 countries across the world took part in helping local communities unlock their potential. Watch our video to see how we made an impact in our local communities this year.
- Grant Thornton continued its global partnership with The Global Fund for Children (GFC). Working collaboratively, we directly support their efforts in improving the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children by supporting the GFC's regional knowledge exchanges in Kenya, Nepal, Peru, Serbia, Moldova, Uganda, Kyrgyzstan and South Africa.
Italian overview of Bernoni Grant Thornton
Alessandro Dragonetti, Managing Partner – Head of Tax of Bernoni Grant Thornton, declares “our Tax and Advisory activities in 2016 generated a positive result in line with the Grant Thornton global growth. Indeed, our revenues increased by 8.4% - from €14.3 million to € 15.5 million – while our workforce grew by more than 6%”.