After working as Head of the M&A department for several years, Sante Maiolica became a Partner of Grant Thornton Financial Advisory Services in January 2017. He was appointed CEO of GTFAS in September 2018.
Before joining Grant Thornton, Sante worked with some of the major private equity funds operating in Italy including Finlombarda Gestioni, Impresa & Finanza and Arca Impresa Gestioni.
His areas of expertise encompass:
- assistance to Italian and foreign investors with an appetite for companies operating in Italy
- assistance to investment funds, either domestic or international, invested in acquiring shares of Italian companies
- assistance to Italian companies interested in expanding their business overseas through acquisitions and adds-on
- assistance with exit strategies and search for interested industrial partners or investors
- assistance with succession planning strategies within family businesses
Among his major clients are companies operating in the packaging, energy & cleantech, chemical, textile, technology and logistic industry.
Sante received his degree in Business Economics from Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi in Milan in 2000 and specialised in Corporate Finance with a thesis on Private Equity.
Qualifications & memberships
- lecturer in Corporate Finance at Università degli Studi di Brescia, where he founded the Scientific Committee of the Observatory on the Italian mezzanine finance market
- founder and member of the scientific committee "Mini–bond Observatory" at the Business Management Department of Università Cattolica di Milano
- member of the EMEA M&A Leaders Group of Grant Thornton International Ltd.
Besides participating as a speaker in courses and seminars at major universities in Italy, Sante authored many publications and articles focusing on finance and investments. These include an international university working paper and articles published on a scientific business magazine. He also co-authored a book about alternative investments.
- Certified Chartered Accountant