Gianni joined Bernoni Grant Thornton as Transfer Pricing expert in October 2010. From 2015 to 2017, he led our Italian Desk at the offices of Grant Thornton UK in London. He is Partner of Bernoni Grant Thornton effective from January 1, 2019.
Having worked in tax boutiques and Big-4 firms internationally, Gianni acquired vast experience in Italian and International tax law focusing on TP, M&A, complex tax structuring, tax due diligence, tax controversy and litigation.
His areas of expertise include:
- TP for financial transactions
- business restructuring and TP policy design
- TP documentation for Italian HQ and MNE with Italian subsidiaries
- international tax topics (e.g. PE, CFC, treaty provisions and Brexit)
Gianni has years of experience assisting clients during tax audits, settlements and tax litigation. His expertise also includes APA and MAP.
His clients include companies operating in the financial services, private equity, insurance, automotive, commodities, consumer products, telecom, chemical and pharmaceutical industry.
Gianni graduated in Business Economics from Cattaneo University. He received a Master’s degree in Italian Corporate Taxation and a Master’s degree in International tax. He also took advanced courses on TP and International tax at IBFD in Amsterdam.
Qualifications & memberships
- Certified Chartered Accountant and Registered Auditor in Milan;
- Head of the International Tax Group at the Milan Study Center of the Roll of Chartered Accountants (AIDC);
- member of the Italian branch of IFA;
- current lecturer in tax law at University of Milan-Bicocca;
- former lecturer at the School of the Milan Chartered Accountant Association (FDC);
- former secretary of the International tax group of the Milan Roll of Chartered Accountants.
- Certified Chartered Accountant & Registered Auditor