After working as Head of the Forensic & Investigation department for several years, Enrico Cimpanelli became a Partner of Grant Thornton Financial Advisory Services in January 2017. Before joining Bernoni Grant Thornton, Enrico held office as Associate of Crowe Horwath, where he led the management and development of the Forensic Accounting Services practice, with a focus on fraud prevention and investigation, litigation and bankruptcy engagements. He was also the person in charge for the Fraud Investigation & Dispute practice of E&Y Italy and key contact for Italy of the E&Y Fraud Investigation & Dispute network.
His areas of expertise encompass:
- accounting fraud investigations
- corporate internal investigations
- litigation advisory projects
- risk management
Enrico wrote several articles in and gave interviews to major Italian economic newspapers, as a corporate fraud expert. Speaker at conferences, workshops and masters on accounting frauds, forensic accounting and internal accounting systems at various institutions addressed to executives, attorneys and students.
Among his major clients are companies operating in the technology, media & telecommunications, industrial and consumer products industry.
Enrico received his degree in Business Administration from Commerciale Luigi Bocconi University in Milan and, subsequently, he attended several professional specialization courses both in Italy and abroad.
Qualifications & memberships
- registered with the Roll of Chartered Accountant and Registered Auditor
- Certified Fraud Examiner and member of the US Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- member of the Corporate Auditing Commission of the Milan Board of Chartered Accountants
- expert of the Milan Court for civil and criminal proceedings
- member of the EMEA Forensic & Investigation Steering Commitee of Grant Thornton International Ltd
- Certified Chartered Accountant & Registered Auditor