Stefano joined Bernoni Grant Thornton in 2001. He was appointed Partner in 2006 and he is now Co-Managing Partner and Head of Growth and Advisory Services, as well as CEO of Grant Thornton Financial Advisory Services.
He is an expert in corporate finance and advises both Italian and foreign industrial players and service suppliers. His areas of expertise encompass:
- overall assistance to Italian and foreign companies in the traditional and renewable energy sector (particularly solar and biogas) with incorporation, M&A and valuation services
- forensic services: asset tracing, reconstruction of accounting records, review of measurement criteria adopted in statutory accounts
- financial and tax corporate planning in the event of group restructuring through mergers, demergers, contributions, transfer of businesses
- assistance with out-of-court insolvency proceedings and bankruptcy proceedings
- assistance to Italian and foreign investors with the acquisition of distressed companies
- assistance to financial brokers with compliance issues, particularly Organisational Models and relations with Italian Regulatory Bodies
- electronic storage and invoicing
Speaker at conferences and workshops, he publishes articles on tax and corporate issues on specialised magazines. He co-authored a book on M&A and one on recovery & restructuring issues.
Among his major clients are companies operating in the traditional and renewable energy sector, in the IT sector, as well as universities.
Stefano received his degree in Business Economics from Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan in 2001. He further specialised with a Master in Corporate Finance at Bocconi University.
Qualifications & memberships
- Certified Chartered Accountant and Registered Auditor
- lecturer in Business Economics at Università Cattolica in Milan;
- member of INSOL Europe;
- member of the Grant Thornton Energy & Natural Resources steering committee and Valuation team.
- Certified Chartered Accountant & Registered Auditor